Wednesday 21 September 2011

Character Design Tutorial: Introduction to Character Design

Today was our first character design workshop with Justin, where he introduced us to some of the basics of character design such as colour and shape. From this we then were given our character brief and 80's mash up themes in which I got secret agent cyborgs! :D

We also worked on a drawing task to get used to character design, in which we were given another two themes to see what we could come up with on the spot. This time I got gangster cyborgs:



I quite enjoyed this little exercise. I opted for the mafia style gangster but decided that if he was armed be would have an arm that was a gun. I was also going for the intimidation factor so I added scars and 'melted' flesh too.

No comments:

Post a Comment