Tuesday 4 October 2011

Character Design Tutorial: Drawing in the Third Dimension

In our third character workshop, Justin showed us how to structure the joints and limbs using a basic skeleton structure, so that we could create different body types. 


We again had another iconic character (Homer Simpson this time around) and were tasked with drawing out its basic form. My first try went well but it ended up making Homer look as though he were on a diet (top left drawing). Justin then showed me what parts were off by drawing out Homers form himself (right side). I wasn't too far off I don't think! XD

After this we were asked to design our own character bodies using the same method as above, which I really enjoyed. It was great to manipulate parts of the body to create something weird and wonderful.



We also looked at making our own character faces after Justin told us about exaggerating proportions. Here are some of my attempts:




No comments:

Post a Comment