Tuesday 12 October 2010

Life Drawing: Week 4

Onto our fourth week of life drawing this week looking at proportions of the body.
Figure 1
Using the method of measuring proportions that Chris taught us wasn't as easy as I had first thought. It took some time to get used to it and even then I still found it difficult. I much more prefer to drawing without measuring, I feel I have less control of the drawing and it doesn't feel like a 'natural' way of drawing.

Figure 2
I think I started to get the hang of this proportions drawing but I still prefer to draw freely. In my opinion the back looks to be just a bit too long and the legs a bit too short.

Figure 3
Now this is more of how I like to draw, free and expressively. Ok so the whole lesson on proportions went in one ear and out the other for this drawing but we were free to draw how we wanted and this felt much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment