Sunday 31 October 2010

Photoshop tutorial: Forest

So during the Photoshop session on Friday I chose to look more at the thumbnail I made of the will-o'-the-wisp darting throughout the forest during the night. The idea for this piece was to have it dark using deep shades of blue. The source of light in the painting would be emitting from the will-o'-the-wisp and would reflect on the nearby trees:






Other than adding some texture to the trees I think I have a better understanding of light which was not so apparent in the previous piece for Unit 1. However I did think that again the colour palette was too limited and painting is very much monotone. So below are some examples of what I have done whilst experimenting with the colour of the will-o'-the-wisp. As a quick note I have also made so adjustments to the background:







1 comment:

tutorphil said...

good to see these ideas filtering through :-)

Post a Comment